January 17, 2008

Spicy, Sweet & Sour

Did that title get your attention? It's the first part of the dinner I made last night and it was really good!

I found the recipe at UncleBens.com. The recipe is not specific about the size of pineapple can, so I used 1/2 of a 20 oz. can. I also used two 10 oz cans of ready-to-eat chicken in place of the 2 cups of cooked chicken called for in the recipe.

It was pretty spicy - it has onion, garlic, red peppers AND hot sauce in it, after all - but not overly so. The raisins and pineapple provided a nice balance to all the heat.

If I had been thinking like a true Project365-er, I might have taken a photo of the finished product before we ate it, but alas I did not. I'll try to remember to have the camera ready the next time I'm feeling adventurous in the kitchen.

No comments: